Those of you who know me know that I’m not really into video games all that much. I rarely play and when I do it’s not a ton. So why is it significant that I beat a game? If you’ve ever played it you’d understand.
I just got done beating Diddy Kong Racing for the final time. I’ve had this game for I don’t know how long now. My dad got me this game I think right around the time it first came out (1997).. We used to play for hours on the Icicle Pyramid track.
So I guess that makes it about a decade that it’s taken me to finally win.
So anyway.. This game is just about impossible to beat. And even if it isn’t impossible - it will take you a long.. long time. There are five different ways you have to beat it to really *win*:
- Beat all the Adventure mode tracks and beat Wizpig
- Beat the extra Adventure mode tracks and beat Wizpig again
- Now that you have all the tracks accessed you can play T.T. the Stopwatch and beat his absurdly fast times on all the tracks using a lesser character (T.T. is naturally the fastest character in the game).
- Beat all the Adventure 2 mode tracks and beat Wizpig
- Beat the extra Adventure 2 mode tracks and beat Wizpig for the last time.
So yes.. many many years after the games release I have finally beat it to the fullest extent. This at least what I think the end is. Of course that’s what I thought years ago when I first beat Wizpig the very first time.